返回列表 发帖

【中秋佳节 节日快乐】每日学口语(9月25日)You've just said a mouthful!

中秋佳节,祝世界之窗的朋友节日愉快 合家欢乐!

You've just said a mouthful!

你说到点子上了!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  名词mouthful的本意是吃一口菜、吃一口饭的“一口”(The amount of food or other material that can be placed or held in the mouth at one time),而say a mouthful是一个美国俚语,意思是,说得中肯,说到点子上。这句中,mouthful的含义就变为“重要而有洞察力的见解”(An important or perceptive remark)。
  例句:
  Senator, I want to tell you that you sure said a mouthful when you said taxes are too high and you'd work hard to lower them. Good to hear, and you can certainly count on my vote!
  参议员,你说税收太高,你要努力想办法来降低税收。我要告诉你,你说的完全正确。听到这样的话很高兴,我一定会投你一票的。(一个人在赞扬一位竞选连任的参议员所发表的讲话)

掉到地上的食物  3秒内还能吃
掉到泥巴里的食物  3秒内还能吃
掉到煤堆里的食物  3秒内还能吃
掉到砒霜里的食物  3秒内还能吃
掉到氰化钾里的食物  3秒内还能吃
掉到马桶里面的食物    任何時候都不能吃

YOU'VE JUST SAID A MOUNTHFL.MOUTHFUL,THE REAL ACCEPTATION MEANS THE AMOUNT OF FOOD OR OTHER MATERIAL THAT CAN BE PLACED OR HELD IN THE MOUTH AT ONE TIME.IN THE SENTENCE,MEANINGS AN IMPORTANT OR PERCEPTIVE REMARK.
掉到地上的食物  3秒内还能吃
掉到泥巴里的食物  3秒内还能吃
掉到煤堆里的食物  3秒内还能吃
掉到砒霜里的食物  3秒内还能吃
掉到氰化钾里的食物  3秒内还能吃
掉到马桶里面的食物    任何時候都不能吃

hm... interesting expression
http://blog.sina.com.cn/fayofaki

you have get a point of that.
笑一笑十年少
每天傻笑就幼稚了
但好就没有开怀大笑了
自由啊
真想再闻闻你的气息

you've just said a mouthful.senator,i want to tell you that you sure said a mouthful when you said taxes are too high and you 'd work hard to lower them .good to hear ,and you can certainly count on my vote.
我用世界之窗 因为她简洁

返回列表