返回列表 发帖

每日学口语(8月12日)We are going to freak out if you don't show up!

We are going to freak out if you don't show up!

如果你再不来,我们都快发疯了。

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  这是口语中一个比较夸张的表达,却经常会碰到。Freak这个字在美国使用的比较多,指的就是“疯子”,形容词freaky则是形容疯疯癫癫的样子。而freak out 则是指“发疯”。“发疯”其它的说法还有“drive me crazy”或是“drive me banana”。(本句选自《小笨霖英语笔记》)
掉到地上的食物  3秒内还能吃
掉到泥巴里的食物  3秒内还能吃
掉到煤堆里的食物  3秒内还能吃
掉到砒霜里的食物  3秒内还能吃
掉到氰化钾里的食物  3秒内还能吃
掉到马桶里面的食物    任何時候都不能吃

WE ARE GOING TO FREAK OUT IF YOU DO'T SHOW UP.FREAK OUT,MEANS DRIVE ME CARAZY OR DRIVE ME BANANA.WHY USE BANANA ?I'M SO CURIOUS ABOUT THE WORD.WHO MIND TELL ME THE DETAIL????
掉到地上的食物  3秒内还能吃
掉到泥巴里的食物  3秒内还能吃
掉到煤堆里的食物  3秒内还能吃
掉到砒霜里的食物  3秒内还能吃
掉到氰化钾里的食物  3秒内还能吃
掉到马桶里面的食物    任何時候都不能吃

Sorry, I don't why.

But also, drive someone mad or bananas or bonkers or nuts or up the wall; drive someone to drink. Greatly exasperate someone, annoy to distraction. For example, His habitual lateness drives me crazy, or Apologizing over and over drives me bananas, or These slovenly workmen drive me up the wall, or Your nagging is driving me to drink. All of these hyperbolic expressions describe a person's extreme frustration, supposedly to the point of insanity (crazy, mad, nuts, bonkers, and bananas all mean "insane"); up the wall alludes to climbing the walls to escape and to drink to imbibing alcohol to induce oblivion.
身若浮云心若风

We are going to freak out if you don't show up!!

Thanks for Eillitrena's explanation.
弓鞋绣菊朝朝踏露蕊未开

圆扇画梅日日摇风花不落

We are going to freak out if you don't show up!
freak out
show up

drive me banana !!  哈哈

返回列表